Countryside Retreat, LLC is a licensed four season rental home nestled in the picturesque St. John Valley just 8 miles from the town of Madawaska, Maine and 3 miles from the Canadian border. The quiet country surroundings allow you the atmosphere to relax and enjoy the birds chirping, the rain falling, and the gentle rustle of leaves in the trees. You can see fields and hills in all directions and the stars above you at night.
The house, built in 1926 by Eddie Sirois for his family of 14, remained the Sirois family home for 64 years. In 1990, we bought the house and raised 4 sons here, where we enjoyed and captured the spirit of Northern Maine. There’s something special about life in Maine and I want to share the beauty and magic of the area with you. My most favorite way to start the day is to sit outside on my porch swing, sip a cup of coffee, enjoy the surrounding countryside, and maybe watch a moose or bear wander in. Life seems to go slower in the country, and beauty is found in unexpected places.
Come and relax and understand why they say, “Maine-the way life should be.” My wish for you is that the peace, tranquility, and absolute beauty of Northern Maine will rejuvenate you.
Enjoy your stay,
- 2,050 sq ft living space situated on 9 acres
- 5 private bedrooms – 1 queen bed, 4 full beds, 2 twin beds, and 1 futon
- 2 bathrooms
- Fully equipped kitchen
- 2 living rooms with satelite TV
- Large parking area for cars and trailers
- Linens, blankets, pillows, & towels provided
- Starter supplies of trash bags, paper towel, bathroom tissue, & dish soap
- Free local calling
- Washer and dryer / large capacity, high efficiency
- Gas grill with side burner available for summer rentals
- Children under 10 stay free / crib, high chair, and booster seat available
- Handicap accessible / hand held shower, shower bench available
- No smoking allowed inside / outdoor ash receptacle provided
Countryside Retreat, LLC
17 Gendreau Road
St. David, Maine 04773