17 Gendreau Road, St. David, Maine 04773
Ph: 207-728-6083 or 207-316-8463
FURNISHED LODGING RENTAL AGREEMENT
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
1. Reservations: Requests for reservations must be made in writing via website, email, fax, or US Mail, and owner will confirm reservation within 36 hours. Reservations must be arranged with a check. 50% of the total rental amount is required as a security deposit to guarantee reservation. Reservations are not final until the signature page of this rental agreement is returned to Owner and security deposit is received. Security deposits will be refunded within 30 days of departure. Reservations are subject to termination should security deposit in addition to the total rental amount not be paid 30 days prior to arrival. Remit deposit to: Pamela Pennington, 13 Third Avenue, Fort Kent, ME 04743. In the unforeseen event that something should happen to prevent the home from usability, owner will issue a full refund of the deposit. Owner reserves the right to cancel availability as necessary, and will notify tenant of any such action as soon as possible.
2. Security Deposit Refunds: Occupant will be held responsible for missing items or damage caused by self, family, guests or visitors. Any resulting charges will be deducted from deposit. Fees will be assessed if necessary cleaning is beyond routine and customary. Security deposits will be refunded within 30 days of departure. The security deposit protects against damage done to the home, extreme/excessive cleaning required, and service calls required by Occupant.
3. Cancellations: Cancellations must be made in writing via email, fax or US Mail. Phone cancellations are not allowed. Cancellations made more than 30 days prior to rental date are subject to a processing fee of 10% of the reservation total, minimum $50.00. For cancellations made 30 days or less prior to rental date, deposits are non-refundable. There will be no refunds for early departures, without prior approval.
4. Nature of Accommodations: Linens, blankets, pillows, & towels provided. Starter supplies of paper goods, trash bags, and soaps are provided, but Occupant should supply own refills. Occupant agrees to accept property in the current condition, and should any appliance, device, etc, malfunction, to allow owner or owner’s representative to enter the premises immediately to perform necessary repairs or maintenance. Owner does not guarantee against unforeseen breakdowns, so a malfunction does NOT necessarily justify a refund or discount, but will be considered if called to Owner or Owner’s representative’s attention within 24 hours of check-in or initial occurrence.
5. True Representation of Tenancy: If Owner or Owner’s representatives discover that Occupant status has been falsified and the unsupervised occupants are minors, under 18 years of age, Occupant is subject to immediate termination of rental contract and forfeiture of remaining rental monies and security deposit.
CHECK IN: Sunday 3:00 P.M. –
6. Check In and Check Out: Key will be available after 3:00 P.M. on Sunday or the first day of occupancy. Premises must be vacated by 10:00 A.M. the following Sunday. As a courtesy, depending on circumstances, check-in and checkout times may be adjusted but MUST be confirmed with Owner or Owner’s representative at least two days prior to check-in or checkout. Occupants may not change or add any locks on the premises. Occupant is responsible to leave property in neat condition, remove trash, wash dishes and cookware, return furniture that was moved to original location, clean grill, lower temperature, turn off lights, and lock windows and doors. Key may be left on kitchen table upon departure. Lost keys are subject to a $25 per key service charge which will be deducted from security deposit.
7. Assignment and Subletting: Guest may not sublet or assign their rights with respect to the rental premises without written permission from owner.
8. Pets: No pets allowed without written permission from Owner prior to beginning of contract. Preapproved pets stay for $5 per night per pet. Pet must be confined to downstairs area, kept off furniture and beds, and kenneled at night. In addition, Occupant is responsible for any damage, repairs or replacement costs for damage caused by pet to the rental premises. Should Occupant bring an animal on the premises without permission, Occupant shall pay a minimum of $200 for additional cleaning. Occupant may be subject to immediate eviction with no refund of rental monies and security deposit already paid.
9. Smoking: An outdoor ash receptacle is provided. Smoking is not permitted anywhere inside the house. Violations will result in a forfeiture of the entire security deposit plus the cost of any cleaning and smoke extraction. Occupant is also subject to immediate eviction with no refund of rental monies and security deposit already paid.
10. Lockouts: Any lockouts will incur a $20 service charge to deliver a key to the property. Payments of the service charge will be made at the time of delivery in the form of cash or check. Any collection charges associated with a returned check will be deducted from security deposit.
11. Telephone: The property is equipped with a telephone for convenience and safety. The phone includes FREE in state calling. Long distance calling may be accessed with a calling card.
12. Parking: Owner is not responsible for any damage resulting from parking any vehicle on the property. Please do not block the dumpster on Monday mornings.
13. Plumbing: Property is on septic tank system. Please do not flush sanitary products, greasy kitchen waste or food particles, or any other foreign objects down the system. Only white toilet tissue should be flushed into the system.
14. Maid Service: Maid service is NOT provided during your occupancy. Cleanings and linen changes are available upon request during your visit for $40/cleaning.
15. Courtesy and Safety: The Occupant, their guests and invitees, shall not disturb, annoy, endanger or interfere with the neighbors of the rented premises. Owner asks that Occupant and all visitors respect the privacy of the neighbors and operate any activities with a “Good Neighbor” policy. Please keep noise and volumes down and refrain from loud activities outside the rented home between midnight and 7 A.M. Parents are responsible for the actions and whereabouts of their children. Gendreau Brook borders the property. Do not allow children to play near brook unattended or to play on other peoples’ property.
16. Lawful Occupation: The Occupant, their guests and invitees shall not use the premises for any unlawful purposes, including but not limited to using, manufacturing, selling, providing, storing or transporting illicit drugs or other contraband, or violate any Federal, State, County or local law or ordinance, including but not limited to, the use of alcohol by minors or commit waste or nuisance upon the rented premises. The Occupants shall be responsible to pay any fines, assessments or charges due to any violation of any rules, regulations, laws or ordinances by the Occupant, their guests or invitees. Should any Occupant, their guests or invitees cause a disturbance resulting in police action, this rental may be terminated immediately without refund.
17. Indemnification: Occupant acknowledges that neither the owner nor owner’s representatives are liable for any injury, loss or damages caused by the Occupants, their guests or invitees or any of their personal property that is or may be the cause of any accident, event, fire, theft, or other casualty or cause during the rental period. Occupant agrees to hold owner and owner’s representatives harmless from any cost, expense or damage incurred by Occupant as the result of Occupant’s use of the property and home. Occupant understands and accepts all risks associated with any and all activities in and around the subject property. Occupant agrees to hold owner and owner’s representatives harmless from any injury, damage, or accident which may occur on the property.
18. No Liability for Personal Property: Neither the owner nor owner’s representatives shall be responsible for the return of or the value of any items of personal property that are not removed from the rented premises at the end of the rental period by the Occupants, their guests or invitees. In the event that any item of Occupant’s personal property is recovered from the rented premises after the end of the rental period, then the Owner or owner’s representative shall be responsible to retain possession of such items for a period of thirty (30) days only after the end of the rental period, after which time the items shall be disposed of pursuant to Maine law.
19. Force Majeure: Owner is not liable for factors outside owner’s control. Factors outside Owner’s control, including but not limited to road work, construction or farming, and any noise resulting therefrom, that may impact directly or indirectly the subject premises.
20. Legal Disputes: If any legal action or proceeding arising with respect to this rental agreement is brought by either party, the prevailing party shall be entitled to receive from the other party, in addition to any relief that may be granted, the reasonable fees, costs, and expenses incurred in the action or proceeding by the prevailing party. It is agreed that in the event of any legal dispute, the laws of Maine shall apply.
REFUNDS ARE NOT GIVEN IN CASES WHERE TENANTS ARE ASKED TO LEAVE BY MANAGEMENT FOR NOT COOPERATING WITH POLICIES
NUMBER OF GUESTS ________
AMENITIES NEEDED __crib __highchair __booster seat __shower bench
ARRIVAL DATE__________________ DEPARTURE DATE _____________________
I HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD, AND AGREE TO ABIDE BY COUNTRYSIDE RETREAT LLC’S POLICIES AND PROCEDURES. BY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT, I AGREE TO AUTHORIZE COUNTRYSIDE RETREAT, LLC TO DEDUCT CHARGES FROM MY SECURITY DEPOSIT TO REPAIR PROPERTY OR REPLACE ANY BROKEN OR MISSING INVENTORY WHICH OCCURRED DURING MY RENTAL. I UNDERSTAND THAT COUNTRYSIDE RETREAT, LLC WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSSES, INJURY OR DAMAGES THAT I, OR MY PARTY, MAY SUSTAIN DURING OUR VISIT. BY SIGNING BELOW, I VOLUNTARILY ACCEPT MY RESPONSIBILITY AND WILLINGLY RELEASE COUNTRYSIDE RETREAT, LLC FROM LIABILITY ON BEHALF OF MYSELF AND ALL PARTIES IN MY GROUP.
TENANT SIGNATURE DATE
PRINTED TENANT NAME EMAIL ADDRESS
ADDRESS CITY STATE ZIP CODE
HOME PHONE NUMBER CELL PHONE NUMBER